My Hijab my Journey

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ    
 In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful   
 . . .


You're saying something with your appearance whether you mean to or not, so you may as well mean to. 
Lyle Lovett




I grew up with a boyish character. Having my hair cut so short that I loved to show it around, in front my cousins, uncles and aunties. Not until one day, mama and abah talked to me that I'm already a grown up. I need to start learning to cover my aurah. My attitude will become the example to my younger sisters.
.
.
At first I felt like I'm force to wear my hijab. At the age of 12, when I put on my usual scarf, I felt very uncomfortable.I felt shame looking at myself then I decided that I need to try  a bigger scarf. As I got it cover, I felt rush of calmness in my heart. Since then, Hijab is part of my identity.
.
Does this make me a good person? No, that is just the beginning of my journey of trying to be better.
.
As I get older, I want to share with people the reason why they need to cover. But I find it's hard to do so because now people is so fix to the idea of having the "freedom of choice" and "freedom of opinion.
.
.
Some said that Allah won't judge your outer appearance and what matter most is your heart.
.

.
I'm not going to debate on that and I'm not going to say that the hijabis are best kind of people and those who don't put on their hijab are bad people.
.
NO!
.
Then why hijab is so important?
.
I tried to find the best answer that suit my need and the answer that ease my heart and to let people see the best thing about hijab.
.

I think most of us have encounter in social media about the Q&A between the muslim and non-muslim about hijab using the candy as the example. Somehow I don't find it really COMFORTABLE WITH THE ANSWER because they always relate woman's hijab to man. That the hijab wearing woman is more valuable to man than the non-hijabis.
.
.
Why DOES my hijab should concern to any man?
.
Is it because it's easier for man to lower their gaze when woman is wearing their hijab? And somehow it's woman fault when man attack them for not covering.

Man not lowering their gaze is their fault and their responsibility. That's the sins that they need to answer to Allah.

My Hijab is my responsibility. Not covering is my sins that I need to answer to Allah.
.
Even in Surah An-Nur, there's a specific verse of command for men to lower their gaze. And there is a specific verse for us women to cover our aurah and to put on our hijab.
.
Both men and women are responsible for their own book of deeds.
.
That's why I think I need a better answer.

.
Hijab is not about protecting you from males. 

Allah; Al-Hafiz, Al-Muhaimin is the one who gives you Protection

Hijab is mentioned in Surat An-Nur (The Light) and it is linked to the name of Allah An-Nur. 

It is a spiritual light for the woman, it increases and protects her spiritual light. 

It is an act of Iman (faith) this is why Allah addressed believing women when He ordered it. 

It is about iman (faith).
.
.
.
Then I learn about the idea of Love. 



Hijab as my act of worship.
.
The act that we should do out of love.
.
That hijab is the command from Allah to us as a woman.
The direct command from He is Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim.
.
Everything about this religion is benefiting the believer.
.
Every act that we do for the sake of Allah is the act of good deeds.
.
Sometimes we face some difficulties trying to uphold the hijab.
.
Our struggle.

But knowing that each difficulties will be given rewards by Allah. The act of upholding the hijab in the time when people think "the less you wear, the more you showing, the better you are" could be our means to Jannah. InsyaAllah.

“Does He who created not know, while He is the Subtle, the Acquainted?” (Qur’an 67: 14)

Knowing that Allah is my creator and I'm His creation. He knows my needs more than I do. When Allah asks me to cover, the best answers that I need to know is; this is for my own good and InsyaAllah with the right intention He will reward me Jannah.
.
What's more profound answer than that I need for to put on my Hijab, every day for the sake of Allah because He loves me to do so.
.
When we loves someone, we want to give them our best. For them to reject our kindness will hurt us. Same goes to my Hijab. Allah asks me to wear it out of His Love for me, and I wear it because I love Him and I want Him to love me more.
.
However people tend to find excuse from wearing proper hijab by saying that they are not ready for it yet and they haven't received the guidance(Hidayah) to wear the hijab.
.
There is a concept of faith(Iman) and the concept of Guidance (Hidayah )in our religion and in every single rakaah of our daily prayer, we ask for it when reciting surah Al-fatihah.
.
We have to understand that, Iman comes first before the hidayah. Allah guides us by our faith.
.
We have to believe that Hijab is the best command from Allah for us women. Hijab elevate our status as women in Islam. We have to make an effort and try our best as our sign of submission. And InsyaAllah, surely He will guide us and strengthen our Iman to put on our hijab.
.
If you just Wait for that guidance to come before you start your hijab journey without doing anything to find it, you will never know if eventually the guidance will come or not.
.

Start now, take a baby step and learn and search for that guidance and pray.
The search for guidance and taking action must be in parallel.
It comes hand in hand.
.
The hidayah belongs to him, but making the effort is our part in finding that Hidayah.
.

Trust me when I say that everyone face struggle in life.
For hijabis or for my sisters who now is trying to find the strength and guidance, Allah gives us different kind of challenge in life.
.
Every day, every second, we are struggling and trying.
.
We are not trying to be perfect but we need to try to be better.
.
Perfection belongs to Allah that He is Al-Quddus.
.
We pray that Allah will reward us upon our struggle and our baby steps that we take to be better.
We pray that Allah will forgive all our flaws and imperfection.
We pray for His guidance and for Him to strengthen our faith.
.
Hopefully at the end we will find ease in our submission. We will find the Love of our Lord.
.
InsyaALLAH.

If you haven't cover, learn to cover
If you already cover, ask yourself can I be better.
And always pray and pray and pray.
And don't forget to learn and add your understanding and knowledge about this beautiful religion.

InsyaAllah.
.
Everyday when we look at the mirror and see ourselves, ask yourself:
What I'm wearing today, is it enough to please Allah?



p/s: Ada satu program menarik yang boleh semua pakat join. Boleh kita sama-sama cari semangat dan cari ilmu tentang Hijab ni. Mungkin dengan hadir program seperti ini juga jadi effort untuk kita cari kekuatan untuk sempurna journey kita dalam proses menutup aurat kita. InsyaAllah tak ada aral, kita jumpa dekat sana.


Comments

NFAYURA said…
insyaallah , ad rezeki , jumpe kat sane teacher ��
rhapsodysufi said…
insyaAllah. tq for reading my post. :)

Popular Posts